Sunday, September 11, 2011

Rarities #47: Silverchair - Live From Faraway Stables (2CD+2DVD) (2003)



Silverchair is one of Australia's most successful musical exports of all time. While I confess I've never really listened to them much, I do like one of their songs very much - The Greatest View. During my visit to Sydney last December, I came across this 2CD+2DVD box set and I thought it would be a good buy. It's still unsealed and I shall leave it so for the time being.

Live From Faraway Stables is an Australia-only release, and it is a live album recorded from their 19 April 2003 concert at Newcastle, New South Wales, which is their hometown. As per the concert, the album is divided into Acts 1 and 2, with the former showcasing quieter and more experimental material and the latter consisting of heavier rock songs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home