Thursday, February 05, 2009

Buzzing about Kelly Clarkson and Christian Bale (?)

Kelly Clarkson is back with a new song, and it has shot to the top of the Billboard Hot 100 in just 2 weeks, making the biggest leap from 97 to 1. The previous record was held by Britney for Womanizer, who jumped 96-1.

The song is called My Life Would Suck Without You. Yeah, it's an upbeat song and I like it. Pretty much in the vein of Since U Been Gone. Not surprising since it's written by the same team of Dr. Luke and Max Martin (yes, he's the one behind BSB, NSYNC, Britney, P!nk etc).

Watch the music video here.

After her last album flopped, I wonder if the "you" in the song refers to producer Clive Davis?

The story with her previous album, My December, was that Kelly Clarkson wanted more control over the album and didn't go with Clive Davis' choice of writers and producers. She also wanted the album to sound less poppy. Clive was the one who produced her hugely-successful Breakaway album and turned her into a star.

My December sold much less than Breakaway (2.2 million vs 13 million) and generated fewer hits (none of the album's four singles were particularly memorable). Perhaps she has learnt her lesson and is offering a make-up statement to Clive?

Here are some sample lyrics:

Maybe I was stupid for telling you goodbye
Maybe I was wrong for tryin’ to pick a fight
I know that I’ve got issues
But you’re pretty messed up too
Anyway, I found out I’m nothing without you
Cuz we belong together now
Forever united here somehow
You got a piece of me
And honestly
My life would suck without you


Yes, the song was not written by Kelly, but well, it could be a well-disguised apology letter to her mentor. Well, you decide. Anyway, just enjoy the song for its worth.

The other song that is buzzing right now is interestingly enough, not a song per se, but an unofficial tirade remix. Watch it here first, but WARNING: Contains lots of swear words!



I was just surfing around the previous night and I came across the original audio clip of Christian Bale's tirade against the poor cinematographer from the set of Terminator Salvation. It was pretty intense, with Christian spewing all the f-words and other choice expletives for a full 4 minutes.

And trust some genius to create a dance mix using Christian's rant. It's pretty ingenious and catchy too. Not bad at all...

2 Comments:

At 12:23 am, Blogger Thir3dEye said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE....i tink her new single sucks, all pun intended. it's such a rip-off from "since u been gone" and it's obviously written in such a way for it to become "mass" and a hit, devoid of any genuine feelings at all. i can see through the shrewdness of it all.

very generic, very very mediocre, and i am sick of hearing those kind of same old chords used. i would say the song is of the same standard of simple plan kind of songs. very very generic. catchy yes, but utterly forgettable.

as much as i dislike the song now, i am scared i might fall prey to its generic "catchiness" which i hope wont happen!

by the way i am loving the christian bale remix! i smell a hit already!! can imagine myself gymming to this.

 
At 12:30 am, Blogger Son of a Gan said...

Haha when I first heard it, it sounded very familiar, definitely very generic and nothing new. But it's meant to be that way and it's not hard to see why I like it, cos I liked Since U Been Gone a lot.

We shall see lah, whether you fall into its trap too or not!

Yes, the Christian Bale remix is damn cool! Ingenious piece of work...by the remixer, not Christian bale...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home