Wednesday, August 20, 2008

R.I.P. LeRoi Moore


I have never felt so sad for such a long time. I was surfing my usual websites when I stumbled across the news that DMB's saxophonist, LeRoi Moore, has died. It's really a big blow to me and all the DMB fans worldwide.

LeRoi had an accident in June, leaving him with a punctured lung and broken ribs. He was discharged initially but returned to hospital recently due to complications. He passed away yesterday morning at the age of 46.

I'm still shocked at the news. I read on the DMB website that he got into the accident and was on the road to recovery, and I believed that he would get better. DMB's summer tour still went on, with Bela Fleck and the Flecktones' saxophonist Jeff Coffin filling in for LeRoi.

They still have 15 shows left to do, including one at the LA Staples Centre tonight, but I'm not sure if they will be able to carry on performing. If DMB somehow manage to complete their tour, I'm not sure if they will carry on recording as a band. They were in the midst of recording their next album earlier this year and it's not sure how much of it has been completed.

I'm really at a loss for words. Right now, I'm only thankful that I managed to catch LeRoi and DMB in concert last year. It's a very sad day for DMB fans. R.I.P. LeRoi Moore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home